- Position the cooking rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the over to 350 degree F. Lightly butter (or grease) an 11X16 glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Mix in diced apples, applesauce, milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir in the butter until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for approximately 35 minutes or until it is set golden brown on top.
- Allow the baked oatmeal to cool 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with your favorite warm toppings such as milk or syrup or garnish with chopped walnuts.